All About Concrete Press Digital

Dropped Kerb Contractors Stratford Upon Avon

Dec 18

Do you need a dropped kerb for your property? A kerb must be dropped if you are going to drive onto your land from the pavement. In order to access a public highway or street, a vehicle must have the ability to cross a driveway that is not in a residential or commercial zone.

Kerb dropping allows vehicles cross the asphalt between a driveway and the road. If you want to drive onto your property, this is a legal requirement.

You can also view our video directly on YouTube

Kerb Dropping and Vehicle Crossover Specialists

Parking outside your home can be stressful. A permit fee may be required. It can be difficult to find parking spots in urban areas. If you plan to drive over pavement onto your land, you will need a dropped kerb. If you have questions refer to our website Q and A's.

A residential driveway or commercial driveway must provide access to the public highway. It allows vehicles access to the roadway from a driveway. For you to be able drive on your property, one must be present.

Local Kerb Dropping Contractors

A kerbdrop is an excellent way to make your property easier to access. It also helps to avoid people parking in your driveway. It is required that you have a crossover permit if your vehicle will be driven over the footway from a highway to your driveway.

Driving on the footway is against the law if you do not. You may face prosecution if you violate the law.

It might be necessary to reinforce the pavement in front the property. Sometimes, it is necessary to move manhole covers or lampposts.

Stratford Vehicle Crossover Experts

You can ask your local council for permission if you are not sure. Contact your local council to find out if you require planning permission. The cost of applying will depend on where you live.

You will need to get permission to hire a local specialist to complete the work.

This is not a DIY project. The council has strict requirements about service providers. Some restrict you from using their approved contractors. Others let you use your own contractors as long as they meet New Roads and Street Works Act 1991 specifications. Highway assessments by the council might incur an additional fee.

You will be able to save time and make your life easier by having a local authority registered contractor for drop kerb construction. They will file all the necessary applications on your behalf. They can usually speed up the process, due to their proven track record with the council.

Our experience with drop-kerbs has been extensive. We also have the required licenses. We will visit you to measure your property, check for public utilities and determine if it is on a main street. We may also need to consider other aspects that could be relevant for planning permission. We have lots of experience here and other towns also

We are an authorised local authority company. We can work with your County Council to install drop kerbs while complying with all regulations.

Call us to schedule your free quotation. Contact details are on our website.