Houston Concrete Contractors
5 Tips for Finding and Hiring a Top-Notch Concrete Contractor in Houston
When it comes to finding and hiring a concrete contractor in Houston, there are a few key things every property owner needs to keep in mind. U-Need Concrete & More is sharing five valuable tips for any homeowner or business property owner should help you get started:
1. Do your research. Before you even agree to sign an agreement to work with a concrete contractor in Houston, you'll learn how taking these steps could potentially prevent having to pay for the work twice.
Taking these crucial steps will help you narrow down your list of prospective quality contractors like U-Need Concrete & More producing the best opportunity for you to make an informed decision about the contractor that will be responsible for such a large part of your construction project.
There are several things you want to focus on when researching concrete contractors:
Experience: What period of time has the concrete company been in been in business? What types of concrete projects have they completed in the past?
Licensing and insurance: Are the contractor's liability insurance up-to-date? References: Ask for references from past clients and check them out.
2. Get several quotes. Once you've done your research and chosen a handful of contractors that meet your criteria, make sure to get several quotes from each one. When hiring a contractor, pricing is often the most important factor for homeowners, but it shouldn't be the only thing you're basing your decision on. Comparing prices is relatively easy, as long as all of your prospective: Experience is important, but it's not enough to look at how long a company has been in business. Make sure the contractor you choose has a good reputation and is licensed and insured.
3. Ask the right questions. When interviewing contractors, make sure to ask them lots of questions about their experience, their process, and what type of warranty they offer. Asking these open-ended questions will help you get a better idea of whether or not the concrete company is a suitable fit for your project.
Some key questions to ask include:
How long have you been in business?
Are you able to supply a written list of recent concrete jobs you've completed to demonstrate your level of experience with the type of work we're considering hiring your crew to do for us?
Can you provide me with personal references from other contractors and/or suppliers you work with?
Do you have any liability insurance? What is your process for completing the scope of work?
Do you provide a warranty on your concrete work? If so, please explain it to us.
What is your concrete companies estimated time of completion for this type of concrete job?
4. Get everything in writing. Ensure all communication with the contractor is done in writing from start to finish, and make sure they understand what's expected. Clarify any details about the scope of work in writing before the project begins, and have them sign an agreement that clearly states their responsibilities.
5. Ensure your expectations are realistic.
While you want to be sure you hire a contractor with plenty of experience, don't just assume they're going to be able to complete your job quickly and flawlessly.
Unfortunately, homeowners often have unrealistic expectations about what a concrete contractor can do, and it's essential to be upfront with the contractor about your expectations before they begin working.
If you're looking for a concrete contractor in Houston, be sure to keep these tips in mind.
By following these guidelines, you'll be able to find a contractor who's experienced, insured, and well-reviewed.
For more information about finding the right contractor for your job, or to set up a free on-site consultation with one of our estimators, give our friendly staff at U-Need Concrete & More a call today!
CONCRETE CONTRACTORS IN HOUSTON
Helpful Tips on How to Find The Right Concrete Contractor